CUET 2022 is the Common University Entrance Test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It was formerly called CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test). CUET 2022 started inviting applications on April 6th, 2022, online. Until May 6th, candidates will be able to apply for CUET 2022 only through their website. NTA will organize the entrance test in multiple shifts for multiple days across centrally funded universities for various undergraduate, research, and post-graduate programs.
A Brief Summary of CUET
CUET is beneficial not only for students but also for universities. It is anticipated to be a potential game-changer. Private universities, higher education institutions, and other deemed state universities use the twelfth board scores and conduct an entrance examination for UG program admissions. CUET saves students’ time and energy by eliminating the need for them to appear for multiple entrance examinations conducted on different venues and dates. It also prevents students’ anxiety when different entrance examinations are conducted on the same date.
Most importantly, it gives an equal opportunity to students who belong to different boards. The cut-offs for the best universities are out of reach for certain students as there are different boards and syllabus. Some boards are always at a disadvantage, and CUET provides equal opportunities for such candidates across various parts of India.
The highlighting aspect of the Common University Entrance Test is that it can establish a better connection for the students from remote and rural areas with the universities. Under CUET, every university will be admitting students based on the merit list that NTA prepares. Furthermore, CUET will not affect the reserved seats for minorities. However, the students entering through the quota of reserved seats must come through CUET in the same manner as the general seats are allotted. The ordinances and reservation policies remain unchanged for universities.
All You Need to Know About CUET Exam
When students understand the CUCET 2022 exam pattern, it will be very easy to prepare for it. Let us see in detail the exam pattern.
There are four major sections in CUET (UG) 2022. They are:
- Section IA contains Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Marathi, Kannada, Odiya, Gujarati, Punjabi, Assamese, Hindi, Urdu, and English.
- Section IB contains Spanish, French, German, Persian, Nepali, Italian, Sindhi, Arabic, Konkani, Kashmiri, Dogri, Bodo, Maithili, Santhali, Manipuri, Japanese, Tibetan, Chinese and Russian.
- Section II- Specific subjects categorized as Domain.
- Section III- General Test
The examination medium is English, and the multiple-choice questions are based on the NCERT textbooks. The examination is conducted in two shifts. The students take up the general test and two of the chosen domain subjects in the first shift. In the second shift, candidates appear for an additional language test and four domain subjects. Each correct answer will give one mark to the student, whereas each incorrect answer will mean 0.25 marks will be deducted. There will no change when students do not attempt a question. The admissions will be done based on their existing supernumeraries for international students.
The exam updates are:
- Students can apply online for CUET from the official website between April 6th and May 6th, 2022, until 5:00 PM.
- The last date to pay the fees is May 6th, 2022, until 11:50 PM.
- The tentative dates for the exam are the first and second week of July 2022.
- The entrance exam will be conducted online as a computer-based test in a multiple-choice format.
Slot 1 takes place between 9:00 AM to 12:15 PM, whereas slot 2 takes place between 3:00 PM to 6:45 PM. Slot 1 usually takes 195 minutes, and slot 2 lasts 225 minutes.
CUET Exam Syllabus & Eligibility Criteria
The syllabus for CUET 2022 is divided into four parts as per the test format. They include two domain-specific examinations, a general exam and a mandatory language test. Section IA has 13 distinct languages, and in Section IB there are 19 different languages. A student has to choose any three languages between Section IA and IB. However, one of the selected languages here must be related to the domain-specific subject. Candidates can pass CUET easily if they answer 40 questions out of the 50 questions in each language. Section II has domain-specific subjects, and a student must choose six subjects from them. Section III is the general test, and the multiple-choice questions that comprise of current affairs, general knowledge, general mental ability, quantitative reasoning, logical & analytical reasoning, and numerical ability.
Also Read : All About TNPSC Group 2 Posting & Salary
CUET 2022 eligibility criteria for an undergraduate program are:
- Students of the general category must have a minimum score of 50% in their twelfth-grade board examination, whereas the SC/ST students must have 45% marks.
- Students must have opted for subjects in their twelfth grade related to the course they opt for in the college.
The counseling process for CUET 2022 is expected to be conducted in August. Once the student clears his/her board examination, they have to appear for the counseling session organized by the authorities. The students have to apply for the desired institute and course and participate in the admission process. The qualifying candidates get a seat in universities only on a merit basis. The CUET consortium will invite the candidates only if their name is on the counseling session list. After this, students will be offered the login credentials to register on the official website. On the contrary, for offline counseling, students will have to attend the session conducted on the university campus.
List of CUCET Universities & Colleges
- Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh, Aligarh
- Assam University, Assam, Silchar
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow
- Banaras Hindu University, Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi
- Central Agricultural University, Manipur, Imphal
- Central Sanskrit University, New Delhi
- Central Tribal University of Andhra Pradesh, Vizianagaram
- Central University of Andhra Pradesh, Anantapur
- Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar
- Central University of Haryana, Mahendragarh
- Central University of Himachal Pradesh, Dharamsala
- Central University of Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir
- Central University of Jharkhand, Ranchi
- Central University of Karnataka, Kalaburagi
- Central University of Kashmir, Srinagar
- Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod
- Central University of Odisha, Koraput
- Central University of Punjab, Bathinda
- Central University of Rajasthan, Ajmer
- Central University of South Bihar, Gaya
- Central University of Tamil Nadu, Tiruvarur
- Delhi University, New Delhi
- Dr. Hari Singh Gour University, Madhya Pradesh, Sagar
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agriculture University, Bihar, Samastipur
- English and Foreign Languages University, Telangana, Hyderabad
- Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Chhattisgarh, Bilaspur
- Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Uttarakhand, Srinagar
- Indian Maritime University, Tamil Nadu, Chennai
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi
- Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Madhya Pradesh, Amarkantak
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya, Maharashtra, Wardha
- Mahatma Gandhi Central University, Bihar, Motihari
- Manipur University, Manipur, Imphal
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Telangana, Hyderabad
- Mizoram University, Mizoram, Aizawl
- Nagaland University, Nagaland, Lumami
- Nalanda University, Bihar, Rajgir, Nalanda
- National Sanskrit University, Andhra Pradesh, Tirupati
- National Sports University, Manipur, Imphal
- North-Eastern Hill University, Meghalaya, Shillong
- Pondicherry University, Puducherry
- Rajiv Gandhi National Aviation University, Uttar Pradesh, Raebareli
- Rajiv Gandhi University, Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar
- Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University, Uttar Pradesh, Jhansi
- Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sanskrit University, New Delhi
- Sikkim University, Sikkim, Gangtok
- South Asian University, New Delhi
- Tezpur University, Assam, Tezpur
- Tripura University, Agartala
- University of Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, Prayagraj
- University of Hyderabad, Telangana, Hyderabad
- Visva-Bharati University, West Bengal, Santiniketan
CUCET 2022 is opening doors for the above-mentioned Central Universities in India. Thus, students need to focus and prepare well for the entrance exam to gain a seat at the desired university. At Chinmaya IAS Academy, Chennai we train every student with highly qualified and experienced mentors to successfully gain good scores in CUET. To know more, get in touch with us.