TNPSC Group 2 is an examination conducted after the Group 1 exam as a second level by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. It is conducted offline, followed by an interview process for some posts, and the final document verification. Post examination, candidates who get selected in the interview process can become gazetted officers in the state government of Tamil Nadu. However, they have to work under Group 1 officers. Statistics state that over 1500 non-interview and interview CCSE-II vacancies are open for 2022. As a result, many candidates seek the help of a reputed online TNPSC coaching institute to score better. Let us discuss the various TNPSC Group 2 job postings and salary details for 2022 in detail.
An Overview on Job Postings for TNPSC Group 2
The TNPSC Group 2 examination conducted by Tamil Nadu’s Public Service Commission selects graduation for various fields across the state department. 5,529 vacancies are available for TNPSC Group 2 as per the 2022 annual calendar. The salary structure for every position for TNPSC Group 2A and Group 2 is mentioned below.
Group 2 (Interview Posts)
The candidates are selected for vacancies under TNPSC Group 2 based on:
- Preliminary examination
- Main written exam
- Interview/Personality Test
The posting with interview includes:
- Junior Employment Officer for Non-Differently Abled in Employment and Training Department.
- Junior Employment Officer for Differently Abled in the Employment and Training Department.
- Special Assistant in Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Department
- Assistant Inspector of Labour in the Labour Department
- Special Branch Assistant in Special Branch of Criminal Investigation Department
- Sub Registrar, Grade-II in Registration Department
- Probation Officer in the Department of Prisons and Correctional Services
- Special Branch Assistant in Intelligence Section, Office of the Commissioner of Police
- Group 2A (Non-Interview Postings)
Unlike Group 2, the selection of candidates for vacancies in Group 2A is based only on the marks obtained in the written examination. The postings without an interview are:
- Municipal Commissioner, Grade-II in Municipal Administration Department
- Lower Division Clerk in Secretariat (Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly)
- Assistant in Secretariat (Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly)
- Assistant in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Assistant Section Officer in Secretariat, Other than Law and Finance Department
- Senior Inspector of Co-Operative Societies in Department of Co-operative Societies
- Assistant Section Officer in Secretariat, Law Department
- Full-Time Residential Warden (Men’s Hostel) in Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College, Chennai
- Audit Inspector in the Audit Wing of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department
- Assistant in Commissionerate of Revenue Administration Department
- Supervisor / Junior Superintendent in Agricultural Marketing and Agri-Business Department
- Assistant Section Officer in Secretariat, Finance Department
- Assistant Section Officer in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department
- Handloom Inspector in Handlooms and Textiles Department
- Junior Co-operative Auditor in the Department of Co-Operative Audit
- Assistant in the Divisions of Commercial Taxes Department
- Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department
- Personal Clerk in Secretariat (Finance Department)
- Executive Officer, Grade-II in Town Panchayat Department
- Assistant in the Divisions of Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department
- Personal Clerk in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Assistant in Secretariat (Law Department)
- Audit Assistant in Accounts Branch of Highways Department
- Assistant in Secretariat (Other than Law and Finance Department)
- Assistant in various Departments in Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service /Tamil Nadu Town Panchayat Subordinate Service /Tamil Nadu Co-Operative Audit Subordinate Service / Tamil Nadu General Subordinate Service
- Planning Junior Assistant, Tamil Nadu State Planning Commission
- Assistant in Secretariat (Finance Department)
- Personal Clerk in Secretariat (Other than Law and Finance Department)
- Steno-Typist in Secretariat (Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly)
What Is the Eligibility Criteria for TNPSC Group 2?
TNPSC Group 2 was released on the 23rd of February in 2022 and it included the following points for eligibility:
Educational Qualification for TNPSC Group 2
The posts under the TNPSC Group 2 require the candidates to possess an under graduation or an equivalent from any recognized institution or university. A few additional educational qualifications are preferred for particular posts, which are stated in detail in the TNPSC Group 2 Recruitment 2022’s official notification.
Age Limits for TNPSC Group 2
The age limit is the same for both non-interview and interview postings. It will be calculated for the 1st of July 2022.
Sub-Registrar Grade-II – (20-30) years
Probation Officer in the Social Defence Department – (26-40) years
Probation Officer in the Prison Department – (22-30) years
For all posts (except Sub-Registrar Grade – II, Probation Officer in the Prison Department and Social Defence Department) – (18-30) years
Age relaxation is provided for differently-abled people is up to ten years beyond the maximum possible age limit. Though the age limit is forty-eight years for ex-servicemen, the age concession is not applicable in the case of applicants who are already been recruited to any other service previously.
Details on Salary Structure for TNPSC Group 2
The salary for TNPSC Group 2 is calculated based on the vacancies by the Tamil Nadu Public Service. Besides the basic pay, employees in Group 2 will be receiving benefits and perks. The total salary will be a sum of the basic pay, grade pay, dearness allowances, and other allowances. The take-home salary is deducted from tax, and the salary for TNPSC Group 2 is always calculated as per the 7th pay commission.
Salary Decoded Based on Post
The minimum salary for TNPSC Group 2 is 37,200 INR, and the maximum is 1,17,600 INR. Let us see the post-wise salary details below.
- The industrial co-operative officer in the industries and commerce department– (37,200 to 1,17,600) INR
- A Probation officer in the social defence – (36,900-1,16,000) INR
- Junior employment officer (non-differently abled) in employment and training department (Tamil Nadu general subordinate service) – (36,900-1,16,000) INR
- A probation officer in the prison department – (36,900-1,16,000) INR
- Assistant inspector of labour in the labour department – (36,900-1,16,000) INR
- Sub-registrar grade 2 – (36,900-1,16,000) INR
- Special assistant in the vigilance and anti-corruption department – (36,900-1,16,000) INR
- Municipal commissioner, grade II – (36,400-1, 15,700) INR
- Assistant section officer in the law department in the secretariat – (36,400-1, 15,700) INR
- Assistant section officer in the finance department in the secretariat – (36,400-1, 15,700) INR
- Assistant section officer, Tamil Nadu legislative assembly secretariat – (36,400-1, 15,700) INR
- Assistant section officer in Tamil Nadu public service commission – (36,400-1, 15,700) INR
- Assistant section officer cum programmer in Tamil Nadu public service Commission – (36,400-1, 15,700) INR
- Supervisor of industrial co-operatives in the industries and commerce department – (35, 600-1, 12, 800) INR
- Audit inspector in the audit wing of Hindu religious and charitable endowments administration department – (35, 600-1, 12, 800) INR
- Assistant inspector in the local fund audit department – (35, 600-1, 12, 800) INR
- Handloom Inspector in handlooms and textiles department – (35, 600-1, 12, 800) INR
- Senior inspector in milk production and dairy development department – (35, 600-1, 12, 800) INR
- Senior inspector of co-operative societies in the department of the registrar of co-operative societies – (35, 400-1, 12, 400) INR
- Supervisor/ junior superintendent in Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing/ agricultural business department – (35, 400-1, 12, 400) INR
- Audit assistant in the accounts branch of highways and rural works department – (19, 500-62, 000) INR
- Executive officer, grade 2 in town panchayats department, Tirunelveli district – (19, 500-62, 000) INR
- Revenue assistant in the revenue department – (20,600-65, 500) INR
Allowances & Promotions
There are various allowances for employees of the State Government. Applicable perks are specified in every salary slip, and employees working in government organizations can get various services free of cost. A few common allowances are travel, medical, house rent, telephone, internet, pension, study leaves, and dearness allowance. Government employees get a salary hike with every promotion depending on their performance and skill. The promotion processes are slow, but the benefits are worth the wait.
An earnest effort to prepare and clear the TNPSC Group 2 examination is required to get the job of your dreams. Chinmaya IAS Academy is one of the most preferred TNPSC coaching institutes in Chennai. We help you prepare well for the examination with a good study plan and training. Aim high for attractive salaries and achieve great heights in your career! Talk to us to know more.