Civil Service Coaching Centres In Chennai & UPSC Study Materials
The city of Chennai is slowly and steadily filling up with civil service coaching and academies. Every other locality sees a new branch opening. While this proliferation of institutes that can help aspirants clear the exam is praiseworthy, there are only a few academies that can indeed make sure that a student passes it. Chinmaya Academy for civil services is proud to say that we continually prove that we have what it takes to become the best civil service coaching centre in Chennai . Through the excellent UPSC materials we provide and the outstanding teachers we hire, again and again, we have helped students achieve their dreams.
To every aspirant who walks through our doors, we recommend some textbooks. There are the fundamentals that every student must command.
- NIOS (Culture, Environment biodiversity, etc.)
- NCERTs (History, Geography, Science, Economy, etc.)
- Tamilnadu State Education Board books (for History)
UPSC Materials By Top 10 IAS Academy In Chennai
The books listed above are available for free download, and we advise all aspirants to take full advantage of them. The next step we ask every child to take is practice through mock tests. Any preparation is only as good as long as it has been practically tested. Running through mock tests is one of the easiest ways to know where you stand. Solving MCQs in a test-like environment can put your brain in the position it needs to be on the D-Day. An aspirant can thus learn their weaknesses and strengths.
Once one has mastered mock tests, the next level is clearing previous years’ questions papers. By solving the mains and prelims papers, any individual will be able to grasp the standard of the exam. Things like what kind of questions will be asked and what will the actual pattern will be like become clearer. Given below are links to civil service mains 2015 papers:
- General Studies Paper-2 (GS2)
- General Studies Paper-3 (GS3)
- Anthropology Optional Subject Question Paper-1 & Paper-2
- Public Administration Optional Subject Paper-1 & Paper-2
- History Optional Subject Question Paper-1 & Paper-2
- Political Science Optional Subject Question Paper-1 & Paper-2
- Zoology Optional Subject Question Paper-1 & Paper-2
- Sociology Optional Subject Question Paper-1 & Paper-2
- Philosophy Optional Subject Question Paper-1 & Paper-2
- Geography Optional Subject Paper1 & Paper2
Government IAS Academy Helps With English Papers
One of the most baffling points the best of IAS coaching centres have seen is the obstacle of Compulsory English paper. The most intelligent of students are able to clear every other topic with little to no difficulty. Yet, it is the small mistakes in the English question paper that hinders them. As a unique way to help aspirants practice their English, we bring you the question paper for the past 18 years starting from 2013.
Some other papers that can help you prepare for the toughest competition in the nation are:
- Public Administration (Mains) 2012 Question Paper 1 & 2 of UPSC Civil Service IAS/IPS Examination
- History (Mains) Previous 33 years
- General Studies (Mains) Paper 1 and 2 – past 33 years
- Essay Question Paper – past 21 years
Moving Beyond UPSC Materials
To become a civil servant, one has to clear three phases -the prelims, the mains and then the interview. Most students make the error of focusing just on the first two phases. They believe that passing the interview will be child’s play. It is here that most aspirants make mistakes. Hence, we move beyond textbooks and UPSC study materials and give you tips on how to conduct yourself at the interview.
- If you do not know the answer to the question, never say that it was not taught in school or college. That is an excuse. Preferably put it in this manner: ‘I am not aware of this knowledge right now but will correct the oversight as soon as the interview is over.’
- If the interviewer asks you to connect two principles, then remember to talk about both and show how they are linked. Most students tend to focus only on one part of the question and fail to impress the panel.