The Civil services exams is a nationwide competitive exam held by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various civil services of the Indian government. All students above 18 are eligible for writing this exam. The new upper age limit is 32 years and the number of attempts an aspirant can take is 6 times.
The qualities of an IAS aspirant:
Every year there is a large anticipation to know about the toppers in the UPSC exams. After the announcement, these toppers are revered by both parents and students. They are considered as knowledge ‘wizards’ and their study habits are followed with great enthusiasm. Here, I have listed out some of the important qualities of an IAS aspirant:
- The fire within: The fire within is the sincerity or the willpower to achieve the dream. One should not study to fulfil one’s parent’s wish, we should aspire for our dreams and ambition sincerely. The student should be able to manage time with efficiency to fulfil their dreams.
- Willpower: ”Where there is a will, there’s a way” is an apt phrase for the aspirants. Studying for UPSC exams is not easy since one has to spend long hours preparing for it. One has to spend at least 16 to 18 hours studying the subjects of the syllabus. Sometimes an aspirant has to take many attempts before achieving the success, at these times they should build up their spirits for the next attempt.
- Break time: It is very difficult to maintain long monotonous hours for studying the same topic again and again. So one should spend at least one hour to relax, one can pursue some hobbies or play some sports. These recreational activities will recharge you for studying sincerely and effectively.
Check Out the Habits of a successful IAS Aspirant: Habits Every Ias Aspirant Should Develop
- Consistency: One should be consistent in their study habits. It should be maintained daily with dedication. All the topics should be studied months before the exam so that one can get enough time for revision.
- Self -belief: One should believe in oneself then only he or she can succeed. The studies should change one’s attitude and self-esteem. One should be able to solve analytical problems to become a topper.
- Set clear goals: One should have a strong motivation to succeed. Just like in the game of football, the student should have a goal to hit the goal post. If there is no goal, the student will not be able to reach the ultimate destination-UPSC topper
- Good administrator: An IAS topper should have all the qualities of an administrator. He should be able to think of unique solutions to odd problems. He should be able to practice what he studied in real situations.
- Self -introspection: A student should be able to find out his flaws and change them to achieve success. He should be able to understand the negative sides of his character and should be able to accept the positive inputs from others.
An UPSC aspirant should have clear-cut goals and sincerity to achieve success in the exam. He should be able to understand the pains of humanity to become a good administrator. He should be humble and dedicated to his studies and work. He should have the spirit to get up from his defeat to achieve success.
Watch Our Videos: Chinmaya IAS Academy Videos
Number of Attempts
The CSE is also known as the Civil Services Examination or UPSC is considered as one of the most competitive exams in all over India. The exam has three stages to clear such as
1st stage – Preliminary Examination
2nd Stage – Main Examination and
3rd Stage – Personality Stage
The first stage of the examination will decide the entry of students to the next stage. Also, those appearing for the exam must be an Indian citizen and must possess a degree from the state, central or deemed university. They can also receive the degree from distance education, Open University or through correspondence.
Attempting to any of the preliminary papers are counted as one but applying for the exam, and failing to attend is not considered as an attempt.Check wikipedia to know more.