Every year millions of students from all around the country sweat it out to appear for the Indian Civil Services Examination. Even after repeated failures, many of them are willing to go over it again and again. We have seen people shunting their lucrative job offers from some of the biggest corporations in the world and happily dive into the ocean of books and newspapers to prepare for the IAS exams.
So, what is it about the Indian Civil Services that attract the youth of today? What keeps them hooked on to IAS Training Centres, despite the many failure stories? For some, it could be personal or even emotional, and for others, there could be a professional reason. But is that all? What makes IAS so unique, for people to weigh it more than high-paying corporate jobs? Let us find out.
What Makes Indian Civil Services So Special?
- Prepared for Life: You may have heard that IAS preparation involves a lot of risks. But what you won’t hear is that it prepares you to face all of life’s challenges. During the course of preparation, you become more knowledgeable about the happenings around the world, you become more enlightened and get clarity on a variety of aspects.
- Model Career: People look up to civil servants as role models. They exude an aura of success and positivity and are deemed superheroes by the common man. They make and implement policies and take on the problems of the nation, providing unique solutions and rising in stature with every single contribution they make to the society.
- Perks and Benefits: The government takes real good care of the needs of the civil servants. The government facilitates a comfortable living for the civil servants and their families so that the officer can discharge his/her duties without worrying about petty issues. Corporates are nowhere a match in this area.
- An Asset For The Nation: In the corporate world, your hard work may mean nothing for the employer. Employees are most often treated as a mere means to an end. Despite giving your best efforts, there is always this risk of being replaced by a new candidate or a technical development. This is not the case in a civil services job. You are valued and respected for your contributions to society and the nation. The position offers more work-life balance, and you hardly feel exploited. As nation builders, you are viewed as the most significant asset for the country.
- Change Makers: Civil services can bestow you with more power to create a positive change in the country. Your work starts speaking for you, and your views garner more respect. The deprived sections of society look up to you to create an impact on their lives. You could rise to the top ranks of bureaucracy and fuel the changes you always wanted to make.
- Continuous Learning: With a career in Indian Civil Services, you learn and evolve each day. Every new posting you undertake, and every new department you work for opens up a new world of learning opportunities.
- Education and Exposure: The perks of working for the Indian Civil Services include an option to enroll for higher education in the topmost universities across the world, as a representative of the Government of India. Part of your job may also involve visiting other countries, learning their best practices and implementing them back home. Imagine the kind of exposure and experience this can provide. No other job can match this experience.
- There are No Losers: As you prepare for the Indian Civil Services, you are ready to take on any challenges. Even if you don’t crack the exams, you could still enlist in State Civil Services or other prominent Central Services. Furthermore, you could start guiding IAS aspirants and churn out a whole bunch of IAS probable. There are instances of active civil servants giving up their jobs to pursue their passion for teaching. Visit the best IAS Training Centres in Chennai, and you can find a former IAS officer guiding and coaching the aspirants. When you prepare for the Indian Civil Services, you have nothing to lose.
The All-Important Factor
Finally, private jobs may provide the best monetary benefits. But Indian Civil Services is much beyond material fulfillment. It is the sense of gratification you get by being able to contribute to society and being a catalyst for change in the nation. This feeling is immeasurable, and this is what keeps most of them going.
It is no wonder that the Indian Civil Service has all it takes to be a dream job. It requires a great deal of dedication, perseverance, hard work and sacrifice, to take on new challenges every other day.
Chinmaya IAS Academy is the best IAS Training Centre in Chennai that guides aspiring candidates to pursue their dream careers in the Indian Civil Services. Call us today to register!
List of Exams Conducted By UPSC
UPSC or Union Public Service Commission conducts several examinations. They are as follows: Railway protection force or RPF, Central Armed Police Forces Examination or Assistant Commandment Exam, Combined Geologist and Geoscientist exam, IFS or Indian Forest Service exam, Special Class Railway Trainee, National Defense Academy Exam, Civil Services Exam, Combined Defense Services Exam, Combined Medical Services Exam and Engineering Medical Service Exam. To know more about the examinations conducted by UPSC, visit UPSC Website.